Senior Patent Attorney (100%)
NBE-Therapeutics AG, a rapidly growing Basel-based biotechnology company, is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer. We are looking for a highly motivated:
Senior Patent Attorney (100%)
We are looking for a flexible and motivated team player that likes to be in an environment where everyone’s performance has an impact on the company’s further growth and success.
You will perform, manage and leverage patent rights relating to NBE-Therapeutics’ research and development, manufacturing and clinical development activities.
- Providing counsel to NBE management on IP matters, including opportunities to protect value-adding inventions and to mitigate risks
- Building and managing NBE’s patent portfolio (with outside counsel) through drafting, prosecution, maintenance and defense of patents to inventions on platform technologies, novel antibodies and ADCs, manufacturing processes, and clinical development (e.g., formulations, biomarkers/indications, combination therapies)
- Searching patent databases for patentability and FTO assessments, and performing internal and guiding external search strategies and evaluations
- Monitoring and assessing third party patenting activities, and acting against these (with outside counsel) as necessary (e.g., pre and post grant proceedings including oppositions, inter partes review)
- Rendering or obtaining (in coordination with outside counsel) legal opinions with respect to patentability, validity, and freedom to operate
- Maintaining awareness of relevant patent trends and case law developments
- Building and managing relationships with outside counsel and collaborators
- Providing IP support for research collaborations and licensing, including advice on contract drafting and negotiation
- Reviewing proposed publications and public presentations for alignment with patenting objectives
- Advanced degree (preferably PhD) in Microbiology, Biology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry
- Qualified as a European Patent Attorney or US Patent Agent
- At least 5 years of experience in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical sector having held significant responsibility for developing and implementing an IP strategy; in-house experience in a biotech company is a plus
- Preferably, specific experience in patenting emerging company product candidates and patent life cycle management to protect clinical stage products
- Experience developing and directing prior art, landscape and freedom to operate search strategies
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present complex situations to company decision makers
- Experience in building relationships with management, scientist, and business development teams
- Business fluent in English, German is an asset but not essential.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a motivation letter, which you are invited to send to: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to job-opening number ref201008PAw