Scientist (PhD, 100%)
NBE Therapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group: a perfect symbiosis between a rapidly growing biotechnology company and an already well-established big pharma. We are located in Basel, a Swiss city on the river Rhine, known for being an important center of chemical and pharmaceutical industries but also renowned for its versatile cultural aspects – a great place to live and work. Our Research Team is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer. We are looking for a highly motivated:
Scientist (PhD, 100%)
Your role will be to pro-actively manage the further advancement of on-going and novel oncology target programs as the leader of a small team. In this position, you will contribute to the discovery of therapeutic antibodies and the pre-clinical characterization of novel ADC candidates. This will be complemented with your involvement in project management and collaborations with external collaborators/CROs. We are looking for a flexible and motivated team player that likes to be in an environment where everyone’s performance has an impact on the company’s further growth and success.
- Perform and supervise experiments in the areas of molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology
- Pro-actively head a small team of technicians while maintaining a strong presence in the lab
- Contribute to the identification of potential lead antibody candidates
- Supervise the pre-clinical ADC development process incl. small-scale expression and characterization of antibodies, small-scale manufacturing of ADCs using NBE’s proprietary SMAC® technology and characterization of ADCs using in vitro potency assays
- Independently coordinate projects with external collaborators and CROs to further characterize the antibodies or ADCs, e.g. in vivo testing of promising ADC candidates (pharmacokinetics, efficacy, toxicity)
- Maintain a good knowledge of relevant scientific / technical literature, therapeutic area(s) and intellectual property
- Contribute to the development of novel assays and technologies
- Present on-going work and findings at internal meetings and international conferences
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related field, with 2-3 years postdoctoral experience, including publication record
- Firm grasp of routine molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology methods
- Strong expertise in mammalian expression and characterization of antibodies, experience with ADCs is a plus
- Clear communicator capable in team and project leadership with extraordinary attention to detail, a systematic working style, and high motivation to advance pre-clinical programs
- Able to accommodate changing priorities, timelines or tasks and flexible with regard to working hours
- Very good command of the English language; German is an asset but not essential.
What we offer
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- An innovative and open culture in a diverse and young environment
- An opportunity to make a difference in future cancer therapies and save patients’ lives.
NBE-Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
We look forward to receiving your application including motivation letter, which you are invited to send to: email@example.com referring to job-opening number ref210623w.