Research Assistant / Research Associate (Platform Technology Development)
NBE-Therapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group: a perfect symbiosis between a rapidly growing biotechnology company and an already well-established big pharma. We are located in Basel, a Swiss city on the river Rhine, known for being an important center of chemical and pharmaceutical industries and renowned for its versatile cultural aspects – a great place to live and work. Our research team is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) for cancer patients in need for new transformational treatments.
We are looking for a highly motivated:
Research Assistant / Research Associate (Platform Technology development)
You will play a central role supporting the development and diversification of our platform technologies for ADC generation. As the team is still expanding, we are looking for a motivated and self-dependent team player, who likes to work in a dynamic environment where everyone’s performance has an impact on the success of the projects and who likes to be part of the team supporting the company’s further growth.
- Laboratory Technician with an Apprenticeship, BSc and/or MSc in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline. Candidates with a PhD degree will not be considered for this position.
- Work experience in production and characterization of biologics, such as antibodies, peptides and/or glycans
- Knowledge in standard protein chemistry methods (Protein purification, UV-VIS, buffer exchange, Endotoxin Assay, affinity determination and ELISA based assays)
- Experience with cell-based assays for activity screening of novel ADCs
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn, optimize and develop new techniques, methodologies and devices.
- Knowledge of HPLC-based analytics of biologics and/or small molecules would be a plus.
- Team player with good communication skills, who can work collaboratively with a small team and independently
- Diligent and respectful with regard to general lab processes and organization
- Residence in Basel or surrounding is key to flexibility and company success
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is a prerequisite, German is helpful but not essential
- Further development of the ADC conjugation platform to diversify and extend the scope of our ADC platform
- Small scale manufacturing of ADCs with proprietary enzymatic ADC conjugation platform (SMAC™-Technology) for evaluation of novel technologies and compounds.
- Characterization of ADCs with biochemical methods and in cell-based assays.
- Application of existing HPLC-based analytical methods for ADC characterization (RP, SEC, HIC and MS
- Independent planning, and coordination of experiments including data analysis and accurate documentation of data in electronic laboratory notebooks
- Support preparation of reports, manuscripts, and meeting presentations
Who We Are And Our Culture
NBE-Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
In 2021, NBE Therapeutics joined as a subsidiary specialized in ADCs, the Boehringer Ingelheim group which focuses on innovative medicines for people and animals since more than 130 years. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50’000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2017, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of nearly 18.1 billion euros. R&D expenditure, exceeding 3 billion euros, corresponded to 17.0 per cent of net sales.
At NBE-Therapeutics, we offer a permanent position in a young, dynamic and science driven work environment, providing opportunities for learning and development, because your personal growth is our growth. We work in cross-functional teams across different sites sharing our common goal to transform our patients lives.
We look forward to receiving your application including a motivation letter. Please send your documents to email@example.com referring to job-opening: Ref220805W