Laboratory Technician, in vivo (100%)
NBE Therapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group: a perfect symbiosis between a rapidly growing biotechnology company and an already well established big pharma. We are located in Basel, a Swiss city on the river Rhine, known for being an important center of chemical and pharmaceutical industries but also renowned for its versatile cultural aspects – a great place to live and work. Our Research Team is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of cancer. We are looking for a highly motivated:
Laboratory Technician, in vivo (100%)
You will provide technical support in the evaluation of novel monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) in relevant mouse tumor models.
As the team is still expanding, we are looking for a skilled and smart individual, who would like to work in a small team and learn/apply a broad range of techniques, in a dynamic environment where everybody’s performance has a direct influence on the success of the company.
- Perform in vivo experimental models of cancer in mice, including:
- Delivery of drug compounds and cells using various routes of administration (IV, PO, SC, IV, IP)
- Assessment of animal health throughout the study (health checks, clinical observations)
- Periodic measurements of bodyweights and tumors
- Harvest and preparation of tumor samples
- Ex vivoprocessing of in vivo material (e.g. with gentleMACS dissociator)
- Development and validation of new animal models, and ex-vivo and in-vitro assays according to the need of the department
- Perform basic in vitro techniques such as FACS, ELISA, Western-Blot, cell culture assays
- Independent planning, execution documentation of experiments and interpretation of results
- Review relevant literature to optimize experimental methods, stimulate new ideas and develop new assays for experimental studies
- Presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Contribute to the general lab infrastructure, including ordering of consumables, and coordinating with colleagues the workflow, organization, maintenance, and function of lab resource
- Laboratory Technician or Bachelor in Biology with certified training in animal work
- 2-3 years work experience and knowledge of preclinical in vivo models
- Be recognized by the BVET as an animal experimenter (LTK1 or equivalent)
- Show technical expertise in all aspects of in vivo pharmacology (animal handling, substance application by various routes, blood sampling)
- Practical background in different in vitro techniques (e.g. FACS, ELISA, primary cell culture handling, SDS-PAGE, or Western blot)
- Flexible person and keen to learn new skills and techniques
- Ability to work independently, flexibility with regard to working-hours and ability to accommodate changing priorities, timelines or tasks
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; additional knowledge of German preferred but not required
- Well trained in computer programs: Excel, Power Point, Word, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo
What we offer
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- An innovative and open culture in a diverse and young environment
- An opportunity to make a difference in future cancer therapies and save patients’ lives
NBE-Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Master and PhD applicants will NOT be considered for this position
We look forward to receiving your application, which you are invited to send to: email@example.com referring to job-opening number ref210510J.